Ligandrol, also known as Anabolicum is one of the many Selective Androgen Receptor Modulators, SARMs.
SARMs are androgen receptor ligands and are believed to be synthetic drugs capable of increasing muscle growth and encouraging fat loss. They are said to be chemically similar to anabolic steroids.
While there are several popular SARMs, in this review, we examine Ligandrol also called LGD-4033 to see whether it is the right choice for you.
What is Ligandrol?
This SARM might be able to help in the management of conditions like muscle wasting and osteoporosis. It was first developed by Ligand Pharmaceuticals. However, it is now being worked on by Viking Therapeutics.2
It is generally believed to be only one of two SARMs that has been tested on humans, recording positive results. It is touted as being able to increase the mass of lean muscle, improve bone and overall body strength.
LGD-4033 was safe, had favorable pharmacokinetic profile, and increased lean body mass even during this short period without change in prostate-specific antigen. Longer randomized trials should evaluate its efficacy in improving physical function and health outcomes in select populations.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2013 Jan; 68(1): 87–95.
While as of yet, it has not been approved for clinical usage, it has been accepted worldwide as a performance enhancing drug. Although professional athletes have not been allowed to use it, many bodybuilders still see it as perhaps, the most potent SARM on the block.
How does Ligandrol work?
There are several claims as to the benefits and side effects of LGD-4033. However, the lingering question for many people is how exactly is Ligandrol able to do all of what has been attributed to it by the manufacturers and some users.
Studies shown that LGD-4033 increases anabolism in the muscles while also reducing bone breakdown. Ligandrol does not reduce Luteinizing hormone (LH) or Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), neither does it raise Prostate-specific antigen, but it may reduce testosterone and Sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG), so a mini Post Cycle Therapy is advised.
To ensure fat loss, it is believed that instead of directly using fat that has been stored, Ligandrol inhibits the breakdown of muscles while ensuring the development of only lean muscle.
Benefits of Ligandrol
- It might be able to ensure that a user maintains a lean muscle mass
- Consistent use of Ligandrol has been linked with an increase in cardiovascular strength
- It is believed that results from using LGD4033 manifests as early as weeks after first use.
- Using Anabolicum can make you feel great again. It has not been reported to cause any form of mood swing or sudden crash among users. Instead, there have only been feedback on consistent improved mood.
- Say hello to pumps. With Ligandrol, your muscles will look stronger, fuller and more venous always.
- A friend to the bodybuilder, LGD-4033 is anti-catabolic, ensures less muscle breakdown between workout sessions.
- Might be able to infuse stamina into a person after fatigue from weightlifting.
- Might be able to help heal and strengthen bones
Side effects of Ligandrol
While Ligandrol is known to be relatively safe to use even at extremely high dosage, there are chances that some users may experience quite a few symptoms upon use. It is important to reiterate that these symptoms have not been established to be a general occurrence, hence may not be exclusively linked to the consumption of LGD 4033. Some of the side effects are listed below:
- Dry mouth
- Might not be legal for use by professional sports persons.
- There are no known long-term effects of LGD4033.
- It might cause slight suppression in testosterone levels.
- Some users have experienced random hair growth.
- Discontinuing Ligandrol after very high doses, user may experience slight suppression in testosterone levels which eventually becomes normal after about a month.
- Water retention
- Some people have experienced a bit of muscle loss post-cycle.
How should you use Ligandrol?
Typically, consuming 10mg of Ligandrol per day for 8 to 12 weeks should be just okay to limit body fat. One the other hand, female users should take lesser dosages, around 5mg.4
Over time though, users can increase dosage. It is possible to notice marked changes as early as three to four weeks after first use.
To get the maximum benefits from LGD-4033 though, users are generally advised to take it with a balanced diet and a thorough body plan, which includes not only work out but also recovery plans.
Where can I buy Ligandrol?
There are several online retail outlets that put up Ligandrol for sale. It is note worthy to add there are as much counterfeit websites as much as genuine one, so ensure that you only purchase from trusted third-party websites.
What happens when you buy a counterfeit product from a counterfeit website is that you run the risk of consuming fake anabolicum with ingredients that are risky to your health.
Final Verdict – Ligandrol
While a lot of people believe that LGD 4033 is the most effective SARM on the market, we may not dissent or outrightly accept, but what we can say is that from all indications, it appears to be one SARM that has a lot going for it, going by the numerous positive reviews it has garnered as well as its popular usage despite no established clinical trials or acceptance in professional sports.
So far, bodybuilders and athletes use Ligandrol to improve their lean mass and expunge excess fat. There are also indications that LGD-4033 is being worked on to improve recovery from hip fractures.
Anabolicum can also improve your lifting strength and endurance levels with little or no recorded side effects. Interestingly, you can stack anabolicum with other SARMs to further boost your gains without any adverse reactions.
Ultimately, we know you want the best for your body and that is exactly what we want for you too. This is why we advise that it is most important for you to please discuss this medications with your doctor, first, before committing to buy or use.